Experiments in human interaction - aka Vasco's Birthday Party
One of the great things about Copenhagen is that I am surrounded by expats. Making the town feel a lot more multi-cultural and cosmopolitan than it actually really is. It also hapens to afford me the opportunity to test my observations and theories to see if they apply universally or if it's simply a conclusion that is highly localized. This Saturday, at Vasco's birthday party, I had such an opportunity and I think it helped to further chart out a few more datapoints about what makes ABC/CBCs tick. Remember, the goal is to maintain a good balance of both East and West so that they both work together for you.
Being who I am, I need to resist the strong urge to give too much detail in order to protect identities, as well as keeping my blog classy instead of trashy.
Anyway, the data I managed to extrapolate reveals that ABC/CBCs tend to do a lot of research about things but put very little time and effort into practicing it properly. I have seen so many ABC/CBCs read up/research things before actually doing something. While I am a big proponent of looking before you leap, I've noticed that a lot of them spend more time reading about things than actually doing things. This probably stems from the fear of making mistakes, but there is certainly something to be said about making mistakes; it builds character. This is what I feel too many ABC/CBCs lack. They all end up being cookie cutter copies of each other, all desperately trying to out-do each other in more or less the same competitive arenas: games (namely poker since they deem it to be manly), driving (drifting), kung-fu to name a few.
Notice a pattern? They all fall in the "manly" category, but it has to be not only "manly", but they are also fairly technical therefore, you must be "enlightened" to enjoy it. I say this because every time I try to join in on some of the fun, I frequently need to demonstrate an understanding or an appreciation for the finer points of the game before I am welcomed into the illuminati.
Anywho, all this to say is that this is good supporting evidence for what I was told about some ABC that was the ex of this girl I met at the party.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home